Manager, Production, Bethune
Are you passionate about working within the Operations function in a fast-paced manufacturing environment? Are you driven by a strong safety and quality culture? Do you have strong safety, operations and communication skills and enjoy working within a diverse team?
Then you may be our new
Manager, Production, Bethune
This position is responsible for managing the implementation of health, safety and environment strategy in a plant to ensure site achieves Suominen targets and has 100% compliance with all procedures, regulations and laws.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Manages the work and activities of production team leaders, operators and external resources who are responsible for various operations activities within a plant
2. Liaises with functional or other operational area managers to understand current and future needs and develops plans, cost estimates, and schedules for integrating these needs into existing operations activities (e.g. Process, Maintenance, Quality Assurance and Quality control, Engineering and Supply Chain)
3. Develops and implements schedules, procedures, product and site processes and allocates labor and capital resources to maximize productivity and ensure availability level
4. Responsible for performance improvement; safety, quality and environment; analyzing production, skill and competence development; maintenance and maintenance investments and inventory records to identify problems and recommend solutions
5. Contributes in prioritization, plans and manages operations processes (e.g. production, planning, delivery, inventory) to minimize disruptions to production schedules
6. Implements and ensures adherence to operations core principles
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 – 5 years’ professional Operations experience in a manufacturing environment or 5+ years’ experience in lieu of degree
- High level of computer skills including above average ability to use MS office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous leadership and/or coaching experience in a manufacturing environment are essential.
- Excellent organizational/interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to deal with confidential information and be trustworthy.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills are required.
- Must be capable of motivating employees.
The position will be based in our Bethune, SC plant. You will report to Josef Nunne, Plant Director, Bethune. We offer an interesting and independent role in a multicultural environment, support of motivated team and possibility to develop skills.
For more information, please contact Steve Moize, Human Resource Manager by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your application and resume by June 3, 2022 through the application link.
Why to choose Suominen?
Being a good employer is a strategic priority for Suominen. This means creating positive energy in the workplace, having committed staff, everyone doing as they promise, and providing a fair environment in which everyone is treated equally and fairly.
A safe workplace and employee wellbeing are our top priorities. We encourage everyone to create a positive atmosphere and discuss matters openly. Our working culture is flexible. Read more about Suominen here www.suominen.fi