- Manages the work and activities of production team leaders, operators and external resources who are responsible for various operations activities within a plant
- Liaises with functional or other operational area managers to understand current and future needs and develops plans, cost estimates, and schedules for integrating these needs into existing operations activities (e.g. Process, Maintenance, Quality Assurance and Quality control, Engineering and Supply Chain)
- Develops and implements schedules, procedures, product and site processes and allocates labor and capital resources to maximize productivity and ensure availability level
- Responsible for performance improvement; safety, quality and environment; analyzing production, skill and competence development; maintenance and maintenance investments and inventory records to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Contributes in prioritization, plans and manages operations processes (e.g. production, planning, delivery, inventory) to minimize disruptions to production schedules
- Leads investment and development projects in production
- Participates into product development trials
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- Master´s or Bachelor´s degree in process engineering, production management, or relevant field preferred
- More than 5 years of experience in manufacturing
- Experience of continues operations and process manufacturing like paper industry or similar is preferred
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, communication, presentation and networking skills
- Good communication skills in English
- Managerial and leadership experience
- Proficient in MS Excel and Power Point
The position will be based in our Production Plant in Nakkila, Finland. You will report to Plant Director, Nakkila. We offer an interesting role, support of motivated team and possibility to develop skills.
For more information, please contact Päivi Reiman, Senior Manager, HR, Europe by phone +35850 3856 547 on March 29 at 10-11 or April 5 at 13-14 EET.
Please send your application, including your salary request and CV, by April 18, 2022 through the application link.
Why to choose Suominen?
Being a good employer is a strategic priority for Suominen. This means creating positive energy in the workplace, having committed staff, everyone doing as they promise, and providing a fair environment in which everyone is treated equally and fairly.
A safe workplace and employee wellbeing are our top priorities. We encourage everyone to create a positive atmosphere and discuss matters openly. Our working culture is flexible.
Suominen manufactures nonwovens as roll goods for wipes as well as for medical and hygiene products. The products made of Suominen’s nonwovens bring added value to the daily life of consumers worldwide. Suominen is the global market leader in nonwovens for wipes and employs over 700 people in Europe and in the Americas. Suominen’s net sales in 2021 amounted to EUR 443 million. Suominen's shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Stock Exchange.